Paleo Iced Vanilla Latte by Against All Grain
This has been one of my go-tos lately...especially when I need an afternoon pick me up. In italics I've noted what I do differently. I also put everything in my Vitamix which helps froth the coconut milk
- 1 cup warm strong coffee (espresso roast preferable) I do 1 shot of espresso
- ¼ cup coconut milk I do 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup or honey I use maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fresh vanilla beans I use 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2-1 TBS. of collagen powder.
2. Warming Turmeric Tea by Homespun Capers
Turmeric has numerous benefits, including anti-inflammatory, aiding in digestion, warding off the cold/flu, and bringing warmth to the body. This has been a favorite of mine for awhile. It's a great beverage for any time of day, but I especially love it right before bed.
- 2 cups of almond milk (or coconut-almond or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 TBS coconut sugar, honey or your favorite unrefined sweetener (or to taste)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Ginger or other spices (optional, to taste)
3. Cocoa & Coconut Milk Bone Broth Latte by Bare Bones Broth
I know what you're thinking...bone broth? In my latte? Trust me on this one, it's delicious and you can hardly tell there is any bone broth in it. This is great when you're in a rush and need a quick breakfast, or you're a new mama with only one hand to feed yourself. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup Bare Bones beef bone broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk I do 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee If you can't do dairy use coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cocoa I add 1 1/2 tsp
- sea salt, to taste just a small pinch!
- shaved dark chocolate (optional)